POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Home page (64kbu) (not an advertisment !) : Re: Home page (64kbu) (not an advertisment !) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Home page (64kbu) (not an advertisment !)
From: Mike Williams
Date: 4 Apr 2000 13:12:44
Message: <4b71LTABwZ64Ewf$@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Freddy D. who wrote:

>> An additional advantage to removing foreground objects from the
>> background is that you might be able to re-use some of the components on
>> other pages, and significantly reduce the amount of graphic reloading
>> when changing page.
>Yes. but I have only 2 big pics : title pic and the background. These two are
>loaded
>by the browser and re-used for each page if necessary, no ???

Well, yes, but only if you manage to write the text and other contents
of each page so that they are the same length. I find it useful to have
some pages that have significantly more content than others. If you use
the same fixed length background on a longer page then the text would
start to write across the top of a second copy of the background tile.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure